Monday, July 11, 2016

5 Quick Google Forms Tutorial Videos

I'm going to let you in on a secret. I sort of hate what happened this year to Google Forms. Until this week, I have tucked my head in the sand and ignored the new Forms. I have persisted with the old Forms because 1) there is more functionality and 2) the menus and processes are more consistent with the other main Google apps. 

This week I am teaching a graduate workshop on Google apps, so I felt compelled to embrace the new Forms. I took an old assignment and tried to fix it as a new Form. That was a colossal failure because of some things you can't do, like rearrange sections. Still, I wanted to show the new Forms, so I rebuilt the assignment. As part of that process, I made 5 videos that quickly (< 2 min each) show an aspect of new Forms. Because my last post - on creating auto-graded quizzes without add-ons in Google Forms - has been a popular one, I decided to share the videos here.


Make a Form and Add to a Folder



Choose a Theme for your Form


Add Questions to Google Forms


Practice Taking your Own Google Form Quiz


Look at Google Form Responses



The assignment I created is a Google Form to help people learn to create a Google Form. If you'd like to take a look at it, you can check it out here. The videos are in the assignment as help stations. This assignment makes use of sections (pages, in old Forms) and one of my favorite features, "go to section based on answer." I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment