Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Flipgrid or Recap: Which Should I Use?

This year I have tried two great, and similar tools, for asking students to make quick videos of themselves and submit them for viewing. Last month I blogged about using Flipgrid to record students as they demonstrate a chemical experiment and then explain it using a gas law. You can watch a sample here. Earlier this year I used Recap to record the members of the Speech and Debate Team as they read something of their choosing so I could get to know them better at the beginning of our season. You can see what a Recap video looks like here.

Both tools were great - easy to use and provided valuable information about my students. So which one would I recommend? That's an impossible choice because they offer different features. In fact, so many different features are offered that the only way I can keep it all straight is by creating a data table. Here it is:



Hopefully this chart will help you determine which one better meets your needs. No matter what you're looking for, I hope you'll try Recap or Flipgrid out before this school year ends!

9 comments:

  1. This is exactly what I was looking for! Great job comparing features, and thanks so much sharing this out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Very timely review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Answered my question. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I give audio feedback back to the students on either one? I am a spanish teacher and I want my students to respond to an audio prompt and then I want to be able to ask a follow up question that they listen and respond to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I used Recap a couple of times last school year after our tech integration coach gave a short presentation on it. Just yesterday she gave a presentation on Flipgrid. I was curious how the two compared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! There have been a few changes; have you considered an update of your chart?

    ReplyDelete