Saturday, April 21, 2018

Copying Images in Adobe Draw App

This year I am, again, participating in Sketch50. Last year when I did it, I started using Adobe Draw on my iPad and mostly I use my index finger as a stylus. I like Adobe Draw a lot because I can draw on different layers and then delete layers while I work. This is nice if I want to trace an image and then delete it. This week we drew sketchnotes about technology and today I wanted to weave all of my images together into a story. Rather than draw them a second time, I thought copying them from one project to another would be easiest, but I didn't know how to do that.

It turns out that it was very easy. Layers in Adobe Draw can be pasted into other projects. Basically, you grab the layer you want and click and drag it to the center of the canvas. Then close that one and open another, all while holding it, then let go when you're inside a new canvas. Then you can resize and move. I made a 1 minute video about the process you can watch:


I used this process to take my sketches from here:


and drop them into here:

Now that I know how to do this, I'm going to keep practicing so I don't forget! This definitely adds functionality to Adobe Draw for me because instead of drawing some images over and over, I can just grab them and move them into a new project. 

Are you sketchnoting? What apps do you use? What do you like about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment