Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Kahoot or Quizizz or Socrative: Which Should I Use?

In May I wrote a post comparing Nearpod, Peardeck, and The Answer Pad in response to a reader comment about which tool is the best.  I promised a similar post about Kahoot, Socrative, and Quizizz.  Here it is!

Below is a chart I made comparing many key features.  Please don't confuse YES and NO with an endorsement of a feature or lack thereof.  These are all three great tools that offer a lot of cool teacher options.  Which one you choose may come down to what you are trying to do and which one you personally like the best.



A few things worth mentioning:

I didn't know Kahoot had the option of scrambling questions and letting students move at their own pace, but according to their FAQs, they do.  I also didn't know why they have the questions and answers on two different screens, but when I read about why, it made a lot of sense.

I just recently looked again at Socrative and I was really impressed at the changes they have made.  The interface looks cleaner and more user-friendly now.  I love the exit ticket and instant question options.

At PD I delivered in May and June, many teachers responded positively to Quizizz.  This is the only one of the three you can try without an account and it has hilarious memes that are automatically delivered (if you select that as an option) when students get the right and wrong answers.  There is a pop-up for live chat with the developers or to give feedback.  That is a nice touch.

In short, try at least one of these with your students.  You'll be glad you did.

8 comments:

  1. Kahoot! has an app for android and apple. Please update your spread sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean by exit ticket?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quizizz also grades and keeps a chart of which questions were missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quizizz also provides a spreadsheet showing each student and which questions they missed. It is saved and can be downloaded. Quizizz also can be assigned as homework.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this comparative table on the three quizzes. It has been really helpful. Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the side-by-side-by-side. My own gut reaction as I audition these tools in the midst of trying to move classroom experiences online: Kahoot makes me feel like I'm in elementary school, Quizizz - middle school, and Socrative - secondary+post-secondary. I'm a high school teacher and I'm finding Socrative to be the most attractive to me.

    ReplyDelete