Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Use Gmail's Vacation Responder for Automatic Replies during Vacation

In my family we say the following phrase a lot as we approach a vacation: "We have ____ more days. Anyone can do ___ days." Every year I feel like I am crawling to Thanksgiving, but this year I really wasn't so sure I could make it! As a result, I'm planning to maximize my break. Part of that plan is to turn on the Gmail Vacation Responder.

Gmail Vacation Responder can be found in the General tab of Gmail Settings. It allows you to send out a canned response to everyone who contacts you during a certain period of time. It's a good day to let the emails pile up without feeling guilty for lack of responding, plus it is a good reminder that a break should be just that. I made a 90 second video that shows how to set it up and turn it on:


I'm wishing all my fellow educators a restful break. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment